Thursday, November 8, 2007

Cheryl


My long-lost friend Cheryl was in San Diego for a neuroscience convention (a "what?" you say? so did I!). She is one of those brilliant people who try to explain what it is they do, to someone like me, and I just sit there with a blank stare and nod. I do know that 30,000 neuroscientists attended this shindig and Cheryl was going to present some research (something to do with the eyes and the brain and everything in between... or something). Anyways, Sullivan and I got to drive down and have lunch with her on the pier and catch up after years and years. Just for the record, Cheryl was my first friend (our mothers were close friends before we were even born) and she is pretty special! I have millions of childhood memories with her: everything from Horn Creek Family Camp (where our families always shared a cabin) to adventures on horseback, climbing cherry trees for hours, a zillion sleep-overs, playing silly pranks on the neighbors, etc.... I even remember how she could read before I could and how I was in awe, even back then. It was so great to see you, Cheryl!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger McNeill Family said...

That is what happens when you are a faithful friend. Your mom must have been that and surely passed that trait along to you.

November 9, 2007 at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home