Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dad's early birthday!






My wonderful Dad drove (yes, I said DROVE) all the way from NM to surprise us and give us more help moving. My Mom had already flown out to help us unpack, the amazing mother that she is, and my awesome brother Bruce flew out the day Dad arrived. This not only helped TREMENDOUSLY, but it make the whole process much more fun. There's nothing like being surrounded by the people you love - especially in crazy times. I didn't get a picture of Bruce, who had already left by the time we celebrated Dad's b-day a little early. I just made a home-cooked dinner and chocolate cake, a nice break from all the fast food we've been eating during this move! Vegetables never tasted so good. And cake's always good. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger The Dulaney Family said...

Isn't that funny....

Did the boys think the veggies were good?

April 14, 2008 at 8:13 AM  
Blogger Cabanillas Family said...

Congratulations on the new house Powell family!!! We are so excited for you all. What a blessing to have such a wonderful/helpful family with your big adventure. We can't wait to see pics of the new digs on the blog...when you have some free time. That cake looks really good too :).

April 14, 2008 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger McNeill Family said...

What amazing parents you have! I can almost taste the cake!!!! For Easter I made a triple layer carrot cake from scratch and thought of you the whole time!!!!

April 16, 2008 at 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

April 17, 2008 at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home