Thursday, August 21, 2008

Like-hearted friends


My mom said, "I love seeing you and Kendall together because you're such like-hearted friends." It's true. We have been friends since mid-school and been there for each other through the joys and heartaches of growing up: boyfriends, heartbreaks, high school scandals and everything in between. We were both in the honor society, on the student council, the drill team and were even co-captains of drill team our senior year. We went to the same college for a while, had a brief falling out, and then overcame adversity, as true friends always do. I was her maid of honor when she got married, and she was my matron of honor when I got married. Here we are, all these years later, with four kids each: she with 3 girls and a boy and me with 3 boys and a girl. In this photo, Kendall holds her newest baby girl, Dellanie. We had a fun visit without all of our older kids this time, and it was great, as always, to talk and catch up. God has given both of us a heart to home school our kids, which we're both beginning our 4th year of. I love you, Kendall, and am so thankful for our enduring friendship!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nonnie said...

Special friends are such a treasure that are irreplaceable. Thank God that He gives just the ones we need at specific times of our lives. I love Kendall and the godly woman she is and she and Marney are such an encouragement to each other. We need each other. What a gift from God.

August 21, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home