Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tardy's Tater


Here's a picture of me and my old girl. She knew all of my secrets growing up. Horses are the best friends to talk to, especially out on a long ride. We bought her when she was 4 from a lady in Chama, NM who rode Tate on a working cattle ranch. She was skinny and worn-out-looking already, but I had big plans for her. I turned her into a show horse - and a mighty good one, if I do say so myself. Of course she loved her new life because girls love glamour lots more than hard work. She and I had so many fun years together, and she seems to perk up when the kids and I visit. Horses don't forget.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nonnie said...

I am so grateful for this old mare who is in amazing shape....she not only reminds me of wonderful days gone by with Marney but she gives me such joy in the tines she shares with our little ones. We will care for her until death and always remember the investment she has made in our lives as such a special pet...she is a lasting member of our family.

August 21, 2008 at 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home