Monday, October 27, 2008

My Great Aunt Betty


On Sunday, we got to have my Great Aunt Betty, Fauv's younger sister, over for dinner. I had only met Betty two times before now, and I don't know why it's taken us so long to have her over. She lives about an hour away. We were all excited to get to know her better (after all, we are family), and the kids couldn't wait for her to get here. Levi practiced a karaoke performance for the week leading up to this visit, and he pulled off the dancing part pretty well. I think his nerves got the best of him. Nevertheless, Aunt Betty was one welcome guest in our home. :)


Sulli could feel the excitement in the air!




The kids took to their Great, Great Aunt Betty right away. The boys bombarded her with questions while I finished making dinner.




We all enjoyed a late lunch/early dinner with Aunt Betty so we would have plenty of time to catch up! The boys were on their best behavior and really loved having our special visitor. They are already asking when she is coming back.


Sullivan figured out that she could be the center of attention and get lots of laughs if she put small pieces of cracker into her mouth and blew them out as hard as she could. This picture doesn't capture how truly funny she was. I know; I'll stop this naughty habit tomorrow. :)


Will really enjoyed picking Aunt Betty up at her home in Carlsbad and taking her home after dessert and coffee. They had great conversations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home