Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Sweet Ending


Bruce is so cute to be so excited about my cake...



We actually had two special occasions to celebrate this evening, and here is our birthday boy! What a handsome 73! I love you, Dad!!!



The cake was a bear today to try to keep together; I think I slathered too much caramel on it under the frosting. I had to keep repairing it and trying to get it cold enough to stop sliding. It's great to finally be cutting it! And it was worth all of the effort.


This picture captures the feel of the evening; I love it.


This is truly one of my favorite cakes on the planet (and, yes, you've seen it before)! I made this in February also for my father-in-law's birthday, and I planned all along to make it again for Mom and Dad. There is just something other-worldly about the salty caramel with the rich chocolate cake and buttery caramel ganache. You have to try it to believe it!



The boys presented their Popsie with some very special hand-written cards, along with his gifts from us. A perfect ending to a PERFECT weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nonnie said...

A great celebration (or should I say 2)! The cake was beyond description...a real Marney masterpiece, even if the frosting kept wanting to slide off the cake.
How DO you do it my daughter???

April 24, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home