Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day, 2009






The first member of our three-way tie for "Best Dad in the World" is Will. (Will's father, Jim, actually makes this a four-way-tie, but he wasn't here to get photographed. ;)) We were thrilled that he could fly back to NM in time for Father's Day before driving us all back home to CA the next day. The kids sure missed him when we were apart, and they were so happy to have him close-by to hug.




Nonnie and I got some love too, even though it wasn't Mother's Day.;)



Our second member of the three-way-tie- for "Best Dad in the World" is my Dad. He's amazing in every way. I'm so blessed to have been his daughter for 36 years so far! I love you, Dad.





Here's the third member of our three-way tie for "Best Dad in the World." My grandfather told us all how honored he was to be included in our day (as if we wouldn't!!!). He was so cheerful and so much fun as I will always remember him to be. We enjoyed some time visiting on the patio, sipping melon sangria - just loving being together. I can't thank the Lord enough for making Fauv my grandfather.




For dinner, Mom and I decided on a real man's meal (on the BBQ, of course): King-sized burgers topped with smoked sharp cheddar, homemade barbeque sauce, homemade fried onion rings and bacon. We also had a salad with blue cheese dressing, more bacon, toasted pecans, red onion and grilled peaches. Delicioso! I think the fathers were happy. I feel honored to have made my sweet grandfather his last meal. I hope with all of my heart that he enjoyed every bite.


This picture was the last one I took of my Fauv. I know Levi will treasure it.


Here's our sweet ending to the sweetest day: chocolate shortcakes with strawberries and whipped cream. Little did we know how sweet this day would truly be.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Dulaney Family said...

You are a lucky lady to have so many great men in your life Marney! What a gift to be blessed with. Thank you for sharing these special pictures!

June 28, 2009 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Carri Roman said...

I want to know how everyone got their mouths around those sandwiches. :) especially Will's. So glad your final days were so sweet.

June 28, 2009 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger Carri Roman said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 28, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home