Thursday, July 30, 2009

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives!


That's the show on the Food Network that featured Cecilia's Cafe, a traditional New Mexican food restaurant in downtown Albuquerque. Will and I saw the episode two times, and we were so excited to eat there with Bruce and Cody on their way to the airport and back to Portland. Was it all Guy said it was? A definite YES! We loved it. For you Albuquerqueans, it is located on 6th and Silver, right next to the PNM building.


Here we are, having a wonderful time! Maybe it's because we left the little ones at home taking naps. ;) To begin our fabulous meal, we ordered Chile Cheese Fries, smothered in hot red chile, as well as the Bean and Chicharone Sopa featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I had never had Chicharones before, and the flavor is just BEYOND. The red chile was the best I'd ever had. We all thought we'd died and gone to New Mexican Heaven. ;)


I took this picture inside; notice Guy Fieri himself, grinning at us.


My chile rellenos plate.... MMMMM! Look at the golden-brown breading, peeking out from under green chile sauce and cheese. My only beef with Cecilia is that she doesn't serve sopapillas, except for on special occasions. This is just wrong. I have a hard time eating ANY New Mexican food without a pillow of fried dough in one hand, oozing honey from at least one end. But my food was delicious. ;)




6 HAPPY campers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carri Roman said...

How fun!!!! I have seen that shwo once and it was a hoot. How neat to experience one. Too cool. Miss you.

July 30, 2009 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger The Dulaney Family said...

My mom and I RAVE over sopapillas. She is from New Mexico and talks about the sopapillas from there, they are nothing like anything from around here. We tried the ones from On the Border... nothing compared to a true NM sopapilla dripping with honey!!! :)

July 31, 2009 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Nonnie said...

I ate there with B & C yesterday and trust me, this is dad's and my new haunt...we plan to eat there regularly after church. AMAZING and fun....

August 3, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home