Thursday, August 27, 2009

A brand new school year!



Monday was a very exciting day; not only was it our first day of school, but it was our very first co-op day, which will be every week! Our co-op is called Cross Trainers, and I feel so blessed to be a part of it. There are eight other moms teaching, and they are such an incredibly gifted group of women. Subjects covered include History, Literature, Science, Spanish, Latin, Grammar, Writing and Art. For the K-2nd graders, phonics, spelling, poetry and reading are also covered (in addition to the other subjects on an easier level). I'm mostly in charge of the pre-schoolers, and I will teach poetry and reading to K-2. Bible and Math are only covered at home since there is only so much we can cram into our co-op Monday! There are 27 kids at Cross Trainers, and my boys are so happy to be a part of this group once a week. It gives some variety to our homeschooling, and I am THRILLED to let these amazing women enrich my children's education! Each teacher is passionate about her subject and just goes all-out. It's so neat!


By lunch time, Sullivan was DONE! She fell asleep in my arms when I was outside eating lunch with everybody. So, I went into the sanctuary (we meet at a church) to give her a little time to snooze. Now I know that she won't be able to get through a long co-op day every week without a nap; it's just too much excitement for her. I will be better prepared next week with playpen in tow!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nonnie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 28, 2009 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Nonnie said...

Congratulations on a great start to a new year. Popsie and I are so proud of all of you and know that you will have a great year learning lots of new things and having fun with your new friends.
As for you Marn, you are amazing in your role as mom and teacher.
Love you all so much....

August 28, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home