Thursday, August 27, 2009

More Summertime Fun



This summer Zane learned to ride a skateboard and Titus learned to ride his bike without training wheels!


Sullivan loves to snuggle with her brother and give hugs and kisses before bed. These two have a special bond because Zane takes such good care of his sissy and spends lots of time playing with her.



If you didn't know where Zane was this summer, there was always one place you could find him: on his bed or on the couch reading the Hardy Boys books. He read at least twenty of them (I've lost count after numerous trips to the library, checking out 5-6 at a time)! His love of reading makes me smile.




The kids did a lot of playing outside in our pretty new yard this summer. The kids love to run and play with the dog and just enjoy the outdoors. Jake's in heaven any time he has his kids around.




Our last weekend before school started, the kids wanted to camp out back with Daddy. They do this every year and they always try to get me to join them. I'm so lucky since I have the perfect excuse of a baby in the house I don't want to leave. However, next year I bet Sullivan will want to camp outside too! This evening was my first attempt at making blueberry pie. Let me just say this is a new family FAVORITE!!! What took me so long??? After it came out of the oven, Levi kept saying, "Mom, your pie smells SO BEAUTIFUL!" I think we'll make this a new tradition: so long, summer, with blueberry pie!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nonnie said...

I think for a piece of that pie I would have joined the boys in the tent!!! Yum!

August 28, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home