Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Birthday hike





Saturday was a great family day. Will wanted us all to hike the Santa Rosa Plateau, one of our favorite spots around here. We all loved it. I did, however, smuggle a can of mace with me. Will thinks I'm ridiculous to worry about mountain lions, but you hear about attacks on the news here all the time! And what do you think was on display when we drove up? This enormous dead lion. Oh, and there are warning signs posted along the trails. All I could think of, watching my tiny girl hike like a real pro on her own was, "CATNIP." Other than that, I had a great time!




The boys love climbing trees! The oak trees here are massive!


Grandma is absolutely amazing. She's 83 and had no trouble keeping up with everybody. She loved hiking and hasn't stopped talking about it.



It's just beautiful on the Plateau. There are some amazing rocks. We all had such a wonderful morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home