Thursday, December 10, 2009

A lovely evening with friends


Last week we had the Woods and the Howies over for dinner and had such a blast! Of course I love these girls (Kristy and Jill) and home school with them at our weekly co-op, but the guys are also special. Will has formed great friendships with them, and he and Chad have prayed together regularly for months now. Sometimes the three of them meet at 6 a.m. at a park nearby to have coffee, pray and encourage each other. God is so wonderful to give us the friends in our lives that we need the most.


I had to post this picture that Grandma took of the guys. Obviously, they knew it was not going to turn out! ;) She's so very sweet, but photography is not her forte'.


Jeff, Chad and Will (take two!)




To wrap up a wonderful evening (with many fun stories and lots of laughter), we had this delicious dessert that I will make again for Christmas Day: Peppermint Meringue Cake with Chocolate Buttercream. I love it when I find a fabulous new recipe, this one from Bon Appetit, Dec. '09. It's on the cover, which is why I had to try it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home