Monday, December 14, 2009

Tea at The Westgate


My friend Heather is about to turn 39 and wanted to take a few of us to The Westgate Hotel in San Diego for Afternoon Tea. I had never been to tea before, and it was such a treat. This hotel is stunning, and the tea room was just gorgeous... we all felt so very classy! We dined on the most delicious sandwiches, tea, of course (I chose peppermint), berries with cream and four tiny but elaborate desserts... but my favorite course was the golden raisin and sugar cane scone with Devonshire cream. Yum! The experience of it all, though, was the best part. It was so elegant, as were the friends I was with. Of course Kimberlee is one of my closest friends, and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Trecia too. What a lovely afternoon with lovely ladies; thank you, Heather.


Beautiful Heather was absolutely glowing all afternoon. She's one of those people who exudes the radiance of the Holy Spirit. I love to be around her.


We were serenaded by the most angelic harpist I've ever heard. She made the ambiance just perfect.


Some sweet ladies were kind enough to take pictures of us (with all of our cameras) before we left, by the beautiful Christmas tree.




Here are various shots of the lobby... indulgent, extravagant and completely fabulous.

1 Comments:

Blogger DreamTeam bloggers said...

Oh my goodness!! I've never heard of this before, and we LOVE to find new special places to "take tea." It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Can I get some information about it from you???

December 17, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home