Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Young Author's Tea


Zane did such a great job writing his very first book!!! He received a "participation" certificate, not an actual award this year. The protective "mom" part of me got a little irked, considering he wrote HIS book all by HIMSELF, and all I did was edit spelling errors. This was our first time, and we had no idea what to expect. But do you think my son felt slighted in the least? NO! He grinned from ear to ear, practically running up to the stage to get his certificate. People kept telling me they could not believe how happy he was! And do you know what he said after it was all over and we got in the car? "Mom, do you know who supplied the awards?" I replied, "You mean those paper certificates? I'm not sure, but Mrs. West put the Tea together." He said, "I can't believe I did not tell her 'thank you!' I didn't have a chance on stage, and I wish I would have." OK... so my 10-year-old showed me the heart of Jesus and put me to shame. Needless to say, I sent Mrs. West a thank you email from me and Zane... for his certificate and a truly delightful Tea.


Here are all of the kids who wrote books this year!


After the awards ceremony, we all got to enjoy visiting, eating cake and looking at all of the books! Zane told me that he loved our date together. How I love this boy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nonnie said...

I can't wait to read your book Zane. I know you worked hard at it and did a wonderful job.
Nonnie

April 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home