Friday, April 23, 2010

Good bye, Mr. Thumb!


I think we're all still in shock over Levi's latest move. Let's backtrack to January, before he turned 5. I started to talk with him about how he really needed to think about NOT sucking his thumb anymore... you know, once he turned 5. Big boys just don't do that. I tried to entice him with the idea that he and I would go on a very special date to commemorate the END of the habit, and he seemed very excited. Now fast-forward to about 2 weeks PAST his 5th birthday. I was tucking him into bed one night and it struck me that we needed to talk "thumb" again. I reminded him that we would have a date, once he stopped. He looked at me bewildered and said, "Mom, I already stopped - the day I turned 5. My thumb got too big for my mouth." I was dumbfounded! But I realized that I hadn't seen him with his thumb in his mouth - not once. Son of a gun! He did it all by himself, without even telling us! So, long story short (but not really), Levi invited his brothers, Daddy and sissy to join us for a night at the movies to see 'How to Train Your Dragon' in 3D. To make it a little more about Levi, I took him to Target beforehand, so he could pick out all the candy. And, of course, we got popcorn at the movie. The whole family had a blast, thanks to our VERY grown-up ray of sunshine.



We all look super-silly in these glasses!



And here's our big guy after the movie, still smiling and still wearing those hysterical glasses! It was a great night, indeed! And we all loved the movie. Thumbs-up, my man!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carri Roman said...

Thumbs indeed! That's wonderful news. Daniel stopped on his own when he turned 5 too, of course after we talked. Way to go Levi!!

April 23, 2010 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Carri Roman said...

Oops, I meant Thumbs up indeed! haha

April 23, 2010 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Nonnie said...

Good for you Levi...this was a big step in becoming a more grown up boy. We are so proud of you.
N & P

May 2, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home