Thursday, May 13, 2010

37 years blessed!




Friday night before my birthday was our romantic date night! Now that we have a great sitter, I don't sweat going out anymore. (Thank you, Erin!) I wanted to go to The Edge again, since the first time we went was on Valentine's Day and they had a special menu. Well, their regular menu is absolutely delectable!!! We had many delicious courses, but my favorite was the grilled veal tenderloin with sage browned butter and veal raviolis with a cabernet reduction. What a fabulous evening with my dashing man.


These roses came from our yard. Hubby picked them for me.







On Saturday we went to San Diego to start the family birthday festivities. I'm pretty easy to please. As long as it involves a great meal out and maybe a tiny bit of shopping, it's a banner birthday! What is a visit to San Diego... or any large city, for that matter... without a good long stop at The Cheesecake Factory?!? And the great news is, we ALL love it there. (Levi goes just for the brown bread with individual pats of butter.) Everything about this restaurant makes me happy. I love the upscale family-ness (a.k.a. noisy, but classy), the ginormous portions of fabulous food (and it's CONSISTENTLY good), and the large array of unbelievable desserts to choose from. But, most of all, I have such fond memories of coming here, ever since Will and I were married. I actually sat in one of these swirly booths and inhaled the Santa Fe salad just hours before I went into labor with Zane. See? It's nostalgic.




After our fabulous lunch out, Titus hit the nail on the head when he said, "Are we taking one of those memory drives?" Yes!!! We headed for Balboa Park on this glorious day because Mommy wanted to... and it was (almost) my birthday. Will and I (and baby Zane) used to spend lots of time there, and we have plenty of fond memories we love to revisit. While the boys rolled around on the grass, Sullivan explored everything with delight.


This is the Botanical Garden at Balboa Park. After Will took me to dinner at the Marine Room, 13 years ago, he suggested we "take a walk" at this park. His best buddy, Jack, helped him set up the romantic scene where he would pop the question. It was the most beautiful night and there wasn't a soul there. I'm amazed at how perfectly the whole thing went down.


Will and I posed at the site where Will PROposed. ;) I'll never forget the music and candlelight at the most beautiful table. There was champagne and chocolate and strawberries and a poetic book he wrote about me. God has blessed me with the most incredible husband... I just can't believe it.


These are 4 more ways I'm immensely blessed!!! I look at God's workmanship in each of their faces, and it blows me away.







I don't think I'll ever have enough shots of our kids.


Grandma sure loves to get out... especially if it means being in the sunshine and fresh air.




We tried to get some cute mommy/daughter pics while Sullivan admired the flowers.


All of the buildings at Balboa Park look like this; the architecture is gorgeous. This is Casa del Prado.



I love Sullivan, trying to pose just like her big (cool) brother.

6 Comments:

Blogger Prins said...

I wanna go on a memory drive!! How's this for a memory? The very first Cheesecake Factory I went to was that one in San Diego with you and Will. And remember you made the earth shake the night before?? Good times!!

May 14, 2010 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger Prins said...

OH! And I made you guys play "My Will" by DC Talk over and over and over while you toured me around S.D. Still love that song...

May 14, 2010 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Marney said...

Those are such fun memories, Derek!! I still love that song too... it actually reminds me of that visit. You really do need to come back and see us!

May 14, 2010 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger Nonnie said...

Okay...I know you have been blessed with Will and four adorable children, but trust me, Dad and I have been blessed as well. Happy birthday to our wonderful daughter and praise Jesus for what He has done.
Mom

May 16, 2010 at 3:49 PM  
Blogger Cabanillas Family said...

Happy Birthday Marney!!! What a terrific job your sweet family did for you. So I'm thinking we need to plan a get together, like we talked about forever ago, in a place with a Cheesecake Factory because I think you love it as much as I do :). I wonder if there is a spa anywhere that has a Cheesecake Factory?!?

May 21, 2010 at 6:47 AM  
Blogger Marney said...

Yes Jody, a girls' weekend where there's a spa and a Cheesecake Factory... we'd get lots of catching-up done. I think we need to plan this too!!!

May 21, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home