Thursday, November 4, 2010

SURPRISE!!!!!


I never surprise Will, and I really wanted to whisk him away for his 40th birthday. He knew we were going somewhere, but he didn't know where. I arranged it with his boss at work and told Will not to schedule anything the week of Oct. 21st-27th. Thanks to some great tips from friends and family, I booked The Fairmont Kea Lani in Wailea, Maui and even got a great deal for that particular week. Alaskan Airlines was running a special ($150 each way!) too, so it was like God was just mapping the whole thing out for us. I think He delights in giving good gifts to His children. I am thankful for this time away from our busy life at home, and I'm so grateful for our moms, who came and held down the fort (and taught school!) while we were gone. Thank you, Moms!!!




Our suite was SWEET! I was so excited about the bathroom, that I even had Will take a picture of me in it. The Fairmont doesn't have any rooms; they're all suites. The lobby looks like a palace too... and the whole place feels otherworldly. We loved it and want to go back.




We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at Nick's Fishmarket, right at our own resort. The scenery was stunning, and this guy ran around, blowing into a conch shell and lighting torches. Before long, surprise #2 would be here... Cindy and Scott in Maui to celebrate with us!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Overflowing Comfort said...

Wow it looks beautiful! Hope you had a blessed time and look forward to hearing about it! Kimberlee

November 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home