Monday, February 21, 2011

My Mornings





This is where I sit and read and pray, sipping coffee and enjoying the pellet stove (because you fill with pellets and push a button!). Mornings don't get any better than this. This book is amazing.... I love getting to know my One and Only in new and deeper ways. And I enjoy the thought-provoking questions with lots of room to write.



I absolutely love running now since it's so beautiful out here! It's more like jogging at a slow pace, uphill. This road is part of our property and goes along our grove and up to a much more beautiful grove above it. It is much steeper than it looks, and I've worked up to jogging up and walk/jogging down 10 times. It takes about an hour. I doubt if it's the 5 miles I was running before my treadmill died, but it's MUCH harder and TONS more fun. The dogs help help motivate me too because they stare at me during my quiet time... just waiting...


I got these running shoes before we moved, and I'm wishing I bought cross-trainers instead. :)


And there go my running/hiking companions! They always explore the first time up and then stay close after that.


Isn't Hunter regal looking? If I haven't mentioned it before, I LOVE him! He runs so close to me, that his legs have actually gotten tangled up with mine, tripping me. He's learning to stay about 6 inches away.


He loves to be out here so much, he's smiling!



Diego is taking care of business and hunting for something... probably his favorite fruit! As you can see, our trees need some serious TLC. They weren't watered for over a year, but avocado trees are extremely resilient and bounce back well. I can't wait until they look like the grove above us!



The boys eat SO many avocados... it's crazy! They leave the pits, but eat the skin. Seriously, though, their coats are beautifully shiny. So eat your avocados!


Almost to the top...



This is my view from the top of the groves, where I often watch the sun rise. I always feel like singing, "The hills are alive....." These photos don't do it justice.


And here we go, around the bend...


... and down the hill again.


I'm pretty sure Hunter has another avocado. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Carri Roman said...

Oh I wish I lived near you. I would come with you but then I would ruin it! ;) Good for you on your mornings. I have not been doing well in he morning. Reading Leviticus isn't exactly motivating. hahah!

February 21, 2011 at 9:26 PM  
Blogger mama juls said...

So jealous! Love the little glimpse into your mornings. :) Love you!

February 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

Wow!!! You get to live there!! So amazing. Even I would run up the hill to catch a sunrise if I had that view!

February 22, 2011 at 11:48 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Rose said...

I love your view. It is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty.


Hannah

February 23, 2011 at 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home