Friday, April 29, 2011

The Sword of the Spirit


Years ago, I told Zane about how I had some spiritually dark nightmares as a little girl and my Mom would open the Bible and put it by my bed. The dreams stopped instantly. God's Word is so powerful. Ever since then, Zane has kept his open Bible next to his bed at night... then the other boys shortly followed suit. It recently struck me that this is pretty awesome. I had to snap some pictures. This is what you will see every day and night in their rooms. I was especially moved when we were in Sonora for Easter. I went downstairs late one night to check on the boys, totally unaware that they had brought their Bibles. There they lay, sound asleep, each one next to his open Bible. Not one of them forgot to pack his Sword.


Zane's Bible is always open to whatever scripture we are memorizing at the moment: right now, John 15:1-7. We just finished learning Ephesians 6:10-18 (how fitting!). Zane has been getting up on his own early each morning for a while now, spending time in the Word. My heart swells with what God is doing in each of the boys' hearts. Nothing compares.


Titus and Levi's room: Swords methodically positioned.


Levi literally covers his head with the Word at night. I love how he balances it just right on his headboard. So sweet.


I'm not sure what the significance of Esther is to Levi, but it's usually open to this book. Levi loves to read his Bible each morning.... pretty impressive for a little guy who doesn't read too many big words yet!


Titus keeps his Bible on his windowsill, propped open by the blinds. He is passionate about this and is convinced it's the ONLY way to get a good night's sleep.


Like Zane, Titus has his Bible open to his memory passage. He tells me he reads it each morning. What diligent children! ;)


Let's take a closer look at Bunny. LOVED.


Any touching moment can be ruined by something like this. Oh, BOYS!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carri Roman said...

OH MY GOSH this is the best....especially the end!! hahahahah

April 29, 2011 at 8:34 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I don't even have words to express the joy and thankfulness in my heart to our God for what He is doing in our boys's lives.
TO GOD ALONE BE THE GLORY!!!
With love from their Nonnie!

April 30, 2011 at 7:36 AM  
Blogger Prins said...

What wonderful, wonderful pictures and practices!! :-) My thought on the windowsill Bible is thats the one he can look out when laying in bed since the other window is above his head... Just a thought.

May 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Kristy Wood said...

I think this is my all time favorite post of yours! I need to show it to my girls and start doing the same. The last picture is PRICELESS!! I literally laughed out loud. What a perfect way to end a perfect post. HeeHee

May 3, 2011 at 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home