Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tate's favorite little people






Zane has been riding by himself for a while now, but this was the first summer he wanted to do it right. He was serious about holding the reins properly, having great posture, heels-down, toes in... you know, show stuff. I'm very proud of my biggest cowboy and the progress he made in a short period of time.






This was Titus's first year riding completely by himself in the arena. Even though he's a crazy kid, he plays it safe when it comes to things like horses. I had a hunch he was fully capable, and he was. Another true cowboy.




Levi has no fear and is super strong for his age. At only 6, he's pretty much in charge of the horse, like his big brothers. But I still stayed close, especially since I wasn't changing back and forth between kid and adult saddles. It was too hot to mess with that. So, he was in a huge saddle for his size. He is a great rider and at the rate he's growing, he'll be in that adult saddle by next year, I'm sure. :)





Sullivan loves Tater. If we had a horse at our house, she would be me when I was little... I can tell. And she was a very big help, holding the wild mare while I would get her saddled up each time. ;) That's my girl.



She and I have been good friends since 1983. And though I'm not little, I'm still one of Tate's favorite people... and she'll always be my favorite horse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home