Friday, October 7, 2011

Jackson Pollock


Every other Wednesday, we have an art and science co-op at my house. There are 5 families and a total of 17 kids, split up in 2 groups: 6th grade and under and 7th grade and up. I teach the young science (Apologia's Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day), along with my friend Kristy, and two other moms teach the older kids' science. Jenn teaches art, and she is phenomenal. Our first meeting was at her house since it was to be especially messy and needed lots of grass to spread out on. The artist of the day was Jackson Pollock, and the kids painted just like he did: IN the painting. He liked to be in the middle of his canvas, literally throwing paint around. it was so much fun, and the kids painted to loud music (like Manafest and Toby Mac). Here is Jenn, explaining what's coming to the young group.






My painters in action! I am so thankful for Jenn, teaching some fun art. I am artistically challenged and don't teach a stroke of art on my own. This is the beauty of co-ops!




Here are the finished products, I think. Every time I thought they were done, they added more paint. Why not? It's fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah banana said...

That looks so much fun!!!

October 7, 2011 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Carri Roman said...

I didnt know that you did it with the Stouts. :) I like them.

October 10, 2011 at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home