Thursday, December 8, 2011

So Very Thankful



October was a hard month. But a good one. At a routine check-up, my doctor found a lump in my breast she wanted to have checked. She ordered a mammogram and an ultrasound. As if that were not unsettling enough, the mammogram came back fine, while the ultrasound showed a suspicious mass. This was not the one the doctor was concerned about. I was referred to a surgeon immediately, who ordered a biopsy. It is during these dark times of waiting and uncertainty that we fall on our knees before God - more than usual - and He draws nearer to us. I am always thankful for these times of growth, though they are never fun. Jesus was merciful and loving in so many ways. One was the overwhelming peace He gave me. Even when I was scared, I had peace.... if that makes sense. He used my husband and children to comfort me in such sweet ways. Will wrapped his arms around me, praying for me several times daily. The kids wrote scripture verses down for me.... ones that meant a lot to them. It was precious. They all prayed for me constantly. Of course, I had my wonderful parents to talk to and pray with (poor Mom bears most of my burdens)... as well as my sister and dear friend, Cody. God also had my surgery date moved up a whole week, so my wait time was shortened. Finally, the lump was benign... a HUGE answer to prayer!!! Will got me this cake to encourage me, somewhere in the middle of this ordeal. And the "thankful" vase was a gift from one of my sweetest friends, Heather. She prayed with me several times and got the vase for me with the thought that I will keep it out and remember the Lord's faithfulness. I will, indeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hannah banana said...

Wow Marney, you went through a lot. Praise God is was benign. But I am sure wouldn't have traded any of that time for anything...it's an intimate time with the Savior...one that you will never forget. A time you got to taste and see that the Lord is good!!!
I went through that a few years ago. Although it's scary, it puts our priorities in a different category doesn't it?
Praising God with you...God is good all the time!
Love, Kellie

December 9, 2011 at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home