Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas Dinner


The Christmas table was just waiting for the food... and so was Birdie! He is so precious and easy to please.


Bruce took so much video of the entire Christmas! He put together such a cool movie for us all to keep. I guess all of that annoying childhood filming he did is paying off. He makes me smile with his camera always in-hand.


And THIS is why I am saving my money to buy a new, LONG dining room table. I have my heart set on one from Pottery Barn. I will have 10 chairs and we can all sit together. It just wasn't right having a "kids' table." Don't they look sad?


Oh my goodness... dinner was perfect. It's so fun when everything turns out just right! We had Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Sauce, Sausage-stuffed Mushrooms with parmesan and herbs, Potatoes au Gratin (ala Cody... thank you, sister!), and sauteed Green Beans with garlic. Mom and Dad brought wonderful red wine to compliment the beef, and it could not have been more delicious!


Dessert was Maple Ginger Layer Cake with Caramel Sauce. I thinks this needs to be our Christmas Dinner dessert tradition!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Nonnie said...

Dinner was fabulous...Marn, you did an amazing job. I am so happy to pass the baton for family holiday celebrations to a great cook and baker!!!

January 21, 2012 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Marney said...

No passing the baton... I still love to come home too!!! I love you, Mom!

January 23, 2012 at 5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home