Friday, February 10, 2012

New Year's Eve Tradition



Here is my beautiful mom: Posole-maker-extraordinaire! Nobody can touch this recipe, and she created it. We all just stand back and watch the magic happen. Thank you, Mom, for bringing New Mexico here for New Year's, and for doing ALL the work! I love you!!!


Another fire in the dining room fireplace... perfect!


Will even made sopapillas. They didn't puff up too well, but it was a valiant effort. Here is quite possibly the best New Year's Eve food in the world, at least it is for us: Mom's own posole perfection, Padilla's tamales with red and/or green chile sauce, any sopapilla, and a cool glass of white wine. YUM. Thank you, sweet Mom!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nonnie said...

It is always so special to do our traditional New Year's Eve posole. I am thrilled that I can do it for my family. We did have a great time I did love making it. It is NOTHING in time and intensity to what Marney does for every other meal but I was so pleased to contribute to our family celebration.

February 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home