Tuesday, March 13, 2012

French Country Dinner... Bon Appetit!


On February 12th, just in time for Valentine's Day, Will and I hosted the second quarterly Cooking with Friends night. I don't know if that's what we actually call it, but that's what it is. We all make something that goes along with the theme, decided on by the hosts. We thought France and romance go together well (and I have an affinity for making filet mignon with Bernaise), so that was our choice. Oh, how we look forward to these dinners!




Here are a couple more shots of the table. I am very excited about my new table! I have been saving my very own money for this table (with a small contribution from my awesome husband), and here's the exciting part: it seats TEN to TWELVE very comfortably!!! This makes my heart very happy. Obviously, I don't have my drop-in leaves in here, and I haven't bought the chairs yet, but I am saving for those too and am on my way!



Since I got zero pictures of the food, I will not go into details about the menu. But trust me.... it was French, and it was FABULOUS. Every. Last. Bite. But, here are the friends - minus the Romans, away on vacation :( - and that is what this wonderful new tradition is really about anyways, right? FRIENDS. (And maybe just a little bit about food. ;))


Though the Romans could not join us, Carri (bless her heart!!!) still wanted to contribute to our dinner and bless us all with a delectable dessert! I know! What a sweetheart she is. She made Julia Childs' Chocolate Bombe. It was, indeed, the bomb!


Let's all look at that again! We're all pretty excited!


Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. Yum! Thank you, sweet Carri! Until next time.........

3 Comments:

Blogger Carri Roman said...

I won't tell how many times I "tried" the filling to make sure it was just right!!! Yum! Thank you Julia Childs and my mother for inspiring me. It really is so stinkin' good...though I am partial to chocolate. :))

March 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Marney said...

YES, "trying" desserts as one is creating them is 99% of the fun!!! Probably why I love baking so much. ;)

March 16, 2012 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Overflowing Comfort said...

We love being a part of these evenings and really love the food. Its at our house next and I am not sure what country yet. See you soon.

March 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home